Boarding Connoisseurs Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Boarding Connoisseurs Club

The premiere forum on message boarding culture

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

Gonna Play Some Bocce This Weekend

Go down 
+5
Dave Mustaine
crash
Damo Suzuki
phixed
Waylon
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Waylon
Poster
Waylon

Gonna Play Some Bocce This Weekend Empty
PostSubject: Gonna Play Some Bocce This Weekend   Gonna Play Some Bocce This Weekend EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 6:52 am

The sport of kings.
Back to top Go down
phixed
Poster
phixed

PostSubject: Re: Gonna Play Some Bocce This Weekend   Gonna Play Some Bocce This Weekend EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 7:49 am

Agreed. My wife and I were staying at a resort in Phoenix and decided to play some Bocce. I called my friend who plays often for a refresher on the rules and his exact words were "If you aren't drinking a sweet, girlie, alcoholic beverage you shouldn't be playing." I said "What else?" and he then hung up on me.
Back to top Go down
Waylon
Poster
Waylon

PostSubject: Re: Gonna Play Some Bocce This Weekend   Gonna Play Some Bocce This Weekend EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 8:44 am

He must have had it confused with a lesser sport like Pétanque, lawn bowling or horseshoes. Bocce typically requires beer. Although we might go with Pimm's Cups for this outing.
Back to top Go down
Damo Suzuki
Admin
Admin
Damo Suzuki

PostSubject: Re: Gonna Play Some Bocce This Weekend   Gonna Play Some Bocce This Weekend EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 8:58 am

I don't really know what Bocce is.
Back to top Go down
https://boarding-connoisseur.forumotion.com
crash
Poster
crash

PostSubject: Re: Gonna Play Some Bocce This Weekend   Gonna Play Some Bocce This Weekend EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 9:05 am

i own a bocce ball but i do not know how to use it
Back to top Go down
Dave Mustaine
Poster

PostSubject: Re: Gonna Play Some Bocce This Weekend   Gonna Play Some Bocce This Weekend EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 9:10 am

You might need more than one to play, I don't know.
Back to top Go down
crash
Poster
crash

PostSubject: Re: Gonna Play Some Bocce This Weekend   Gonna Play Some Bocce This Weekend EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 9:12 am

good to see you, dave mustaine
Back to top Go down
Waylon
Poster
Waylon

PostSubject: Re: Gonna Play Some Bocce This Weekend   Gonna Play Some Bocce This Weekend EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 9:34 am

Damo Suzuki wrote:
I don't really know what Bocce is.
It's kind of like Pétanque, lawn bowling or horseshoes. Bochas, in South America.
Back to top Go down
Damo Suzuki
Admin
Admin
Damo Suzuki

PostSubject: Re: Gonna Play Some Bocce This Weekend   Gonna Play Some Bocce This Weekend EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 9:42 am

Ah. Yes, I played this game. But was not aware of the proper name for it.
Back to top Go down
Damo Suzuki
Admin
Admin
Damo Suzuki

PostSubject: Re: Gonna Play Some Bocce This Weekend   Gonna Play Some Bocce This Weekend EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 9:43 am

A very "old man" game.
Back to top Go down
Dave Mustaine
Poster

PostSubject: Re: Gonna Play Some Bocce This Weekend   Gonna Play Some Bocce This Weekend EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 9:44 am

Two years ago, one of my corporate outings involved bocce. What can I say, it was much better than playing beach volleyball with a bunch of fat old people (last year).
Back to top Go down
Damo Suzuki
Admin
Admin
Damo Suzuki

PostSubject: Re: Gonna Play Some Bocce This Weekend   Gonna Play Some Bocce This Weekend EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 9:46 am

I enjoy the lawn game w/ the mallets & little metals gates. Its a bit like billiards only on the lawn and with hammers. Can never remember the name of the game, but do enjoy it at picnics or when passing time on a warm spring day.

My preferred 'old man' game.
Back to top Go down
williamtell
Poster
williamtell

PostSubject: Re: Gonna Play Some Bocce This Weekend   Gonna Play Some Bocce This Weekend EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 9:51 am

it's known as croquet, p1nkac1d.
Back to top Go down
Damo Suzuki
Admin
Admin
Damo Suzuki

PostSubject: Re: Gonna Play Some Bocce This Weekend   Gonna Play Some Bocce This Weekend EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 9:51 am

In general, tennis, racquetball & golf are my favorite sports. Little more competitive. Which I can get into more easily.

I also sport fish, but am terrible at it. My girlfriend is an incredible fisherwoman, however.

When we had the boat she reeled in larger & a greater variety of catches than anyone else. She came very close to scoring a marlin but the fish was too much for her slender 107lbs. frame. Line snapped as she tried to reel it in.

Was very cool to see though.
Back to top Go down
Damo Suzuki
Admin
Admin
Damo Suzuki

PostSubject: Re: Gonna Play Some Bocce This Weekend   Gonna Play Some Bocce This Weekend EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 9:52 am

Thank you, Ballsdeep81.
Back to top Go down
Efrim
Poster
Efrim

PostSubject: Re: Gonna Play Some Bocce This Weekend   Gonna Play Some Bocce This Weekend EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 10:02 am

croquet is the king of the super casual sports, imo.
Back to top Go down
crash
Poster
crash

PostSubject: Re: Gonna Play Some Bocce This Weekend   Gonna Play Some Bocce This Weekend EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 10:10 am

efrim otm
Back to top Go down
feisty
Poster
feisty

PostSubject: Re: Gonna Play Some Bocce This Weekend   Gonna Play Some Bocce This Weekend EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 10:19 am

We used to play bocce with my grandparents at this restaurant/sports bar in Crete or maybe Chicago Heights until an armed robbery tarnished the establishment's reputation and they eventually went out of business. Have associated bocce with suburban decay ever since.
Back to top Go down
http://katie0.tumblr.com
Waylon
Poster
Waylon

PostSubject: Re: Gonna Play Some Bocce This Weekend   Gonna Play Some Bocce This Weekend EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 4:24 pm

Did not get to play bocce. Instead we went to a local reuse store and got some nice light fixtures that we spent a good part of the weekend restoring and painting.
Back to top Go down
Waylon
Poster
Waylon

PostSubject: Re: Gonna Play Some Bocce This Weekend   Gonna Play Some Bocce This Weekend EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 4:24 pm

Maybe next weekend.
Back to top Go down
phixed
Poster
phixed

PostSubject: Re: Gonna Play Some Bocce This Weekend   Gonna Play Some Bocce This Weekend EmptyFri Apr 24, 2009 12:49 pm

yeah, i think i'm going to get my wife a set for her birthday. she loves the game and we now have a yard to play in.
Back to top Go down
avec
Poster
avec

PostSubject: Re: Gonna Play Some Bocce This Weekend   Gonna Play Some Bocce This Weekend EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 10:49 am

I played it last weekend. It was pretty fun. Friend had a cut down tree in the yard, so it was the lawn hazard we played off of.

I am the Tiger Woods of Bocce Ball
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gonna Play Some Bocce This Weekend   Gonna Play Some Bocce This Weekend Empty

Back to top Go down

Gonna Play Some Bocce This Weekend
Page 1 of 1